EAT8 automatic gearbox and the new efficient PEUGEOT engine
EAT8 AUTOMATIC GEARBOX
BOÎTE AUTOMATIQUE EAT6
La boîte de vitesses EAT6Efficient Automatic Transmission 6 est une boîte automatique à 6 rapports, optimisant la consommation et les sensations de conduite. Elle a été conçue pour réduire drastiquement les émissions de CO2 tout en offrant un confort d'utilisation de haut niveau
STOP & START
With the Stop & Start* function, available on petrol and diesel engines, you'll combine environmental performance with driving pleasure!
Suitable for city driving, the Stop & Start function automatically switches off the engine whenever the vehicle comes to a halt, for example at a red light or a stop sign. When the driver wishes to continue the journey, the restart is instantaneous and smooth.
This technology has many advantages: better control of fuel consumption (-15% in dense urban traffic compared to a conventional vehicle), reduction of CO2 emissions (zero emissions during engine shutdown phases) and silence at a standstill.
In order to adapt to all driving styles, Stop & Start can be deactivated.*Engine stop and restart system
EMP2 and CMP PLATFORMS
Two platforms are available: the EMP2* platform and the multi-energy CMP/eCMP platform are at the heart of the design and manufacture of the PSA Group's new urban, mid-range and top-of-the-range models, which provide in particular:
- Modular architecture to meet the specific requirements of the main world markets (4 and 5-door saloons, estate cars, MPVs, hatchbacks, SUVs, convertibles or coupés).
- A variety of engines and gearboxes on a single platform (4-cylinder, hybrid, 4-wheel drive, etc.)
- Lighter vehicles and lower CO2 emissions while improving rigidity, safety and driving pleasure thanks to its innovative lightweight materials such as steel, composite materials, aluminium for ground connections and cutting-edge processes (such as hot stamping and laser welding)
- Innovative technological choices to optimise steering, handling, interior comfort and safety (composite floor, ultra-low rolling resistance tyres, etc.)
- More freedom in terms of style (large wheels, wheelbase variability, low bonnet and low ride height, etc.) whatever the silhouette (SUV, saloon, etc.)
Launched on the PEUGEOT 308 in 2013, the EMP2 platform enables the production of the new PEUGEOT 3008/3008 Plug-in Hybrid and 5008 SUVs, the 508, the Rifter, the Traveller/e-Traveller and the Expert/e-Expert.
The CMP/eCMP platform is specifically for the manufacture of the 208/e-208 city car and the 2008/e-2008 compact SUV.*Efficient Modular Platform 2: PSA Peugeot Citroën's new-generation platform **The platform groups together all the following vehicle functions outside the silhouette: the underbody, ground connections, engine and gearbox adaptations and the core of the electrical and electronic architecture.
PEUGEOT is the only brand in the world to market a global sustainable mobility offer:
- The PEUGEOT e-208 city car and the PEUGEOT e-2008 SUV
- The e-Expert van
- The e-Traveller MPV*
- The PEUGEOT e-LUDIX electric scooter*
- The range of electrically assisted bicycles for all uses (city, road or off-road), including the eC01, eLCO1, eT01, eM01, eM02 and eM03 models.** Not available in the region
As a major player in every technological revolution, PEUGEOT is serenely tackling the energy transition with the conviction that technology is still and always at the service of motoring pleasure.
Plug-in hybrid technology draws on two sources of energy for getting around: it combines an electric motor with a battery that can be recharged and a petrol engine.
Because of this, you benefit from driving in 100% electric mode (up to 42 km WLTP range) for short journeys and using the combustion engine for long journeys.
USAGE-BASED FUEL CONSUMPTION
In order to provide its customers with better information, the Stellantis offers access to an independent and certified measurement of real-world fuel consumption.
Average fuel consumption estimates based on actual vehicle usage, with data obtained from the test protocol or calculations using these data. This estimate serves as a guide only and may vary depending on the actual usage conditions. It is entirely separate from the official EU figures (the only official values) and depends on test assumptions and conditions. It therefore has no general value. The test protocol is available on the PSA Group’s website: groupe-psa.com.